Thursday, November 21, 2019

KPOP Invasion-- Relating to Kids fascination with Kpop



Here goes another personal post, I’m pretty sure most of parents with teens would truly relate to this, if not, then continue reading and get a little something from this post.


I started to notice my teenage kids listening to music which is of different language, I find it strange because not a single word I understand from the entire song yet my kids are enjoying it!!  they listen to this KPOP music which is musical genre that is a mix of genres such as electronic, hip-hop, rock and R&B music and most of it is in Korean language (that’s why it’s KPOP …) ,

At first (With no exaggeration), I started to panic becoz how can my kids enjoy something they don’t understand at all.. It might be a cult or something…….

 But I can tell it is really something special for them because I’ve seen their happiness just by listening to the music, they love it so much that every time they are with their friends and cousins, the whole topic is all about the KPOP all day..all night !!  And they are calling themselves as ARMIES!! (Imagine they have a code for fans)


So being the stalker and curios mom, I get to work and research about this so called Kpop and I was beyond belief how influential are these KPOP group in this generation  and even to say, to all the generations (including the generation which I belong….the secret generation lols).  I started looking into different profiles of these Kpop group (from EXo, BTS,Blackpink, Shinee, nct, boyz, super junior,2ne1, twice, red velvet, many more…..)

It appeals to me more and more knowing what kpop is all about, it’s beginning and how it is formulated into a group (the road to become an idol/ kpop artist is not easy!!) , it’s a long process and hard work, but what excite me the most is that, they have this kind of cuteness and happy image where just by watching them you forget all your worries,   they look so perfectly cute, neat and colorful, overjoyed with so much energy as they are not just cute faces they are absolutely multi-talented and physically stunning.


Moving forward…. I now understand why my kids are really into the KPOP,  this is part of the NORMS in this generation, adding to that, I found myself started to enjoy and liking their music, I’m not being biased but each and every  kpop group has their own sets of fan base and they are all amazing, everyone I know (including my kids) really loves BTS and Blackpink which are currently the most hip and famous among all, but  this KPOP group called EXO is amazingly great!! They are like a perfect combo of talents from vocal, to dancing and honestly good looking.  Their music is really good it’s a mix of old school and trendy new style with powerful vocals, (again, I’m not biased please don’t hate me armies and blinks, I’m old school…..)

I told my kids about it and they were very appreciative of my effort in getting to know their idols, but actually, I have a lot of fun doing it!! I was laughing all the way watching all Kpop videos in their funny moments and overly impressed on every Kpop performance.  And for the first time ever, I can really relate to all my kids kpop-teen-related- conversation….




And also, It’s really good to know, that the middle east has welcome this KPOP ERA into their culture, of course, social medias plays an important roles and the massive demands of live kpop performances in the world is indeed unbelievable, imagine, Saudi Arabia as one of the very conservative country in the GCC and in Dubai was able to held a concert that includes famous Kpop –BTS, EXO, and so on , in a very huge number of audience. That is to say, that KPOP is not just Kpop it is a trend that makes our teens really into it and we as parents has to be in the position where we can support our kids and hold into a certain limit. There is always a line crossing being a fan and obsession, it is important for us parents to know where our kids stand.

Children now a days, are very smart, confident, matured and tends to be always into the gadgets with very less socialization, more to say that the rate of teen suicide cases are increasing by day, so let’s be the parents that we can be for our kids, let’s enjoy Kpop the way our kids enjoy it while we nurtured them with everything they need to learn in life.

Balance is the key!

So till here, I still have to continue watching the EXO concert in japan (throwback Thursday that is!!) … drop me a mesg if you feel you need to express something from this post.
And I’ll leave you all with “who is your kpop biased?????” ( lolsss )


Till here and Love lots,

Wisemummy81


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking some time to read and comment,
I personally wants to read each comment before posting in public, so hang in there, it will be visible shortly...

wisemummy81