Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Breaking my Beliefs: The black Cat and its Luck

 I was driving home yesterday when a black cat suddenly appeared crossing the road in front of me, I can’t help holding into my rosary and uttered: “In Jesus name”, sort of precautions, I know, most of you know exactly what comes into my head seeing a black cat passing by. 




HuffPost.com photo credit

I never thought that all this time, the superstitious beliefs from granny lingered into my system unconsciously, it's becoming an automatic practice when a situation calls for it, even on a distant or in a place where vast modernization and technologies are fast arising. maybe, it has something to do with being Asian and grew up in a very traditional conservative Filipino environment.

My granny used to say: There’s no harm in believing PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE, after all, it’s a belief to prevent us from bad luck or anything alike.

Let me share some common superstitious belief I always keep to myself even today, some might be weird but it is what it is!!

Here goes…. 

1.) If the pregnant woman hops over her husband, her morning sickness will transfer to her husband.
2.) Anyone who shares the food being eaten by a pregnant woman will suffer from spells of drowsiness, dizziness and vomiting.
3.) Paying a debt at night brings bad luck.
4.) Showering the rooms of a new house with coins before moving in will bring prosperity.
5.) Ornamental plants with round leaves inside the house are signs of good luck while keeping vines that grow downward are bad luck.
6.) Wear a polka-dot shirt or dress to prosperity on New Year’s Eve to attract prosperity the whole year round.
7.) It is unlucky to cut one’s hair or fingernails after sundown.
8.) If one accidentally bites his tongue people are talking about him.
9.) A black cat crossing your path means bad luck
10.) Dropped utensils announce the arrival of a visitor
11.) Don’t clear the dining table unless everyone has finished eating. If you do, you doom the last single dinner guest to a life of loneliness.

And for sure, you also have yours …. What do you believe??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking some time to read and comment,
I personally wants to read each comment before posting in public, so hang in there, it will be visible shortly...

wisemummy81